28/07/2011

Day 12 - Universal Studios Osaka!

Another unprecedented change to the itinerary! We checked the weather forecast Wednesday night and it looked like rain for Friday so we swapped the days around. I thought we were going to oversleep today as we were quite smashed last night, and we didn't set an alarm, but we did well!

Anyway hangover free, we left towards "Universal City Station" to get into Universal Studios, before we went in, I was a bit sceptical about the idea of going to this place in Osaka, knowing that it'd be stupidly expensive and in Japanese! And whilst both of these statements are true, we did have an awesome time!

It cost us 6,200 Yen, each, to get in, (about £50!) I'm a man of value, so I said to myself, lets see a few rides/shows to at least justify the ticket price, I thought it would be impossible to get some value on this ticket seeing how busy it was, it was heaving! Weather wise, it easily peaked 35 degrees earlier! 

First thing we did upon entering the theme park was check out the Terminator 2 - 3D "show," we were all ushered into a room, and this woman in red started talking (in Japanese obviously) about her company "Cyberdyne" eventually all hell breaks loose and we get a show with a Japanese John Connor! It was quite cool.

After that we saw the Spiderman ride, another of my favourites, you go in a car and it you get "thrown" about by 3D animations, it was so amazing I went on it four times! Each time it only took like 2 minutes of queueing! We worked out an easy way of jumping the queue at Universal Studios Osaka, they have two lines, 1 for groups, and 1 for singles, unless you actually wanna sit next to your friend you can literally jump to the front of the queue every time!

Back To The Future was after this, personally I hated this ride, in comparison to all the others I went on in the day, this really showed it's age, and didn't really have the "oomph" that the others offered, they had a full scale delorean outside which Dan loved!

Other notable shows/rides we saw, Waterworld show, this was amazing! I only got the gist of this because it had a lot of talking in it, but the choreography and stunts were great fun, basically, some guys were holding out this little fort, some other dudes break in, some fighting, killing and awesome scenes later lead to applause all round! The Jurassic Park ride was pretty cool as well, nostalgic and scary at the same time! Managed to get utterly drenched at the end as well. Jaws and Backdraft were alright, a bit boring to begin with, but picked up for the finale! There were various street performers doing the rounds, I think it was to do with Universal Studio Osaka's 10 year anniversary.

There were quite a few "theme" restaurants to try out, we chose the Jurassic Park one, which was crap to be honest, the price was quite reasonable, about £11 for the whole meal, but the quality of said meal was just not there! it was a "Dinosaur" steak, sausage on a bone, vegetable rice and baked potato! It was all edible, but was just rubbish! (Almost on par with my in flight meal!)

The thing that I was amazed with throughout my day, was that the worked all seemed so enthusiastic, whether it be a tour guide on the Jaws ride, a drinks server, a cleaner or even performer, they all just seemed so happy and full of life, I don't think I've ever experienced a place in England whereas everyone within the establishment is as happy as can be, without it seeming false. (Well except for Bankers then!)

I picked up a really bad ass Cookie Monster plush from the gift shop, among some other presents, I was gutted not to find the keyring I was after, but meh! Life goes on! 

Busy day tomorrow, last full day in Osaka, hopefully going to Osaka aquarium, Osaka Castle, HEP Five building, Umeda Sky Building and Den Den Town (Nipponbashi) if we have time that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment